Today, I will be speaking about a typical, healthy and active day from my life. This is about a lifestyle I was able to attain and sustain, discovered during the course of my journey to become fit and stronger.
Some time ago, I was leading a very undisciplined life, working day and night, eating whatever's palatable, and I was getting fatter and fatter, reached up to 83 Kgs. Around 2 years back, I started my journey to become fit and get back into shape. I started working out at the gym, experimenting with my diet: eating less, eating more, eating right stuff. After going through hell lot of pain, I came to a point where I was able to see the results: reducing weight and waist line, feeling fit and strong, when I became self motivated to work out daily and follow proper diet and sleeping pattern. I reached a weight of 65 Kgs some months back and I have been maintaining it since then. The best part about it is the feeling of being active and fit throughout the day.
I will now share with you a brief description of a typical day from my life.
- Get up at 6 AM, drink 600-800 ml water
- Attend nature's call, brush teeth and take a bath in cold water
- Breakfast: smoothie of soaked oats (10g),whey protein (30g), 200ml curd, 500 ml skimmed milk
- Go into mantra meditation for 1 and a half hour
- Drink a shake of 500ml water and a scoop(30g) of whey protein
- Work for 1 - 1.5 hours, from 9-10:30 AM
- Go to gym and workout for 1-1.5 hours and keep sipping BCAA (2 servings) and whey protein (1 scoop) shake throughout the workout
- Return from gym at 12 PM and take a shower
- Have a lunch of boiled broken wheat, daal, cooked veggies, paneer, soya chunks, etc
- Resume working
- Drink water after 1 and half hours of lunch
- Keep drinking water from time to time
- Take the same meal as lunch's after 50 mins of last water intake, at around 4:30 PM
- Go for half an hour meditation at around 5 PM
- Start drinking water post 1.5 hours of last meal and keep drinking till 50 mins before food.
- Stop working at 7-8 PM
- Drink 1 scoop (30g) whey protein with 500ml skimmed milk at 7:30-8 PM
- Cook, if necessary
- Work on Open Source projects, attend community meetings or read books
- Sleep by 11 PM
My life has become much more balanced and disciplined. I am doing my day job, contributing to Open Source, meditating, cooking, working out, in a balanced way, daily.